#MYRightToKnow in Times of Crisis – Talkshow by CIJ and C4
28th September 2020, we celebrated the International Day for Universal Access to Information (IDUAI), a day that commemorates the need for greater information transparency and #MYRighttoKnow
With #COVID19 and the change in government in Malaysia earlier this year, we have seen several instances of our RTI being curtailed in various ways and forms.
In line with the theme of this year’s International Day of Universal Access to Information 2020 #IDUAI, we looked into how we could promote transparency in times of crises, including by adopting a federal-level RTI legislation!
Panelist for this talkshow includes:
- Wathshlah Naidu, Centre for Independent Journalism (CIJ)
- Cynthia Gabriel, Centre to Combat Corruption and Cronyism (C4)
- Nik Nazmi, Setiawangsa MP
- Kuek Ser Kuang Keng, Data-N
- Meenakshi Raman, Sahabat Alam Malaysia (SAM)
- Moderator: Zan Azlee
The recording of this talkshow is available here.